- LocationNew York,New York
- Published16 hours ago, 2021-05-08T03:00:12Z 2021-05-11Full Time
Sales Representative - Clean Energy
Green Mountain Energy Company is the nation's longest serving provider of cleaner electricity. We are an energy supply company that offers consumers an easy and affordable way to make a powerful environmental impact by choosing clean renewable energy as their preferred electricity source with their utility bill. We are looking for motivated part-time Sales Agents to help drive our marketing/promotions efforts in the New York City area and help New Yorkers make the switch to sourcing their energy from 100% renewable sources.
This job is for anyone who enjoys face-to-face interaction and involves tabling at storefronts, and farmers markets as well as indoor locations such as big box stores. Some locations include: Grow NYC Greenmarkets, New York Botanical Garden's and more! (This position involves NO door-to-door and NO telemarketing activity). Sales experience preferred but not required. Scheduling is flexible and coordinated week to week, with a minimum of 3-4 shifts per week (with 4 to 6 hours per shift ).
Locations: Prospect Park, Dumbo, Carrol Gardens, Prospect Heights
Compensation: Average earnings per hour range from $20 - $60 or more, based on agent skill level and availability. Top performers earn over $60,000 annually (before bonuses) while working an average of 20-30 hours per week.
- Opportunity to work at fun local farmer's markets alongside fun creative colleagues
- Flexible hours and work days (weekday afternoons/evenings and weekends). Schedule can change week to week.
- Personal satisfaction of knowing that you are making an environmental/health difference!
- Good pay and performance based bonus potential (base commission with bonus)
- 401K benefits available, one year eligibility requirements
- Ability to work independently while being part of a team
- Sincere desire to help protect the environment
- Basic understanding/knowledge of renewable energy, climate change, dirty energy (relevant coursework a plus)
- Intelligent & articulate, with strong aptitude for understanding technology
- Friendly, outgoing personality with good sense of humor
- High level of personal integrity (honesty and reliability are a must)
- Energetic, motivated, team player
- Available to work evenings and/or weekends, 15-30 hours/week
- Available at least three to five days per week
- Access to reliable transportation and personal e-mail account
- Willing to comply with CDC social distancing guidelines
Job Type: Part-time, Outdoor, Face to Face sales.
Job Type: Part-time
We provide masks, and sanitizing equipment as well as regular check ins to ensure agent safety. Our touchless enrollment process is to protect our agents and ensure minimal contact between agent and customer.