- LocationNew York,New York
- Published4 hours ago, 2021-02-27T03:03:07Z 2021-03-02Full Time
Senior Manager, Marketing and Audience Development
Insider is hiring a Senior Manager, Marketing and Audience Development to join our growing Events team. Reporting to the Executive Director of Events, this experienced marketer will lead our marketing strategy for events ranging from large conferences to intimate roundtables to grow our audience reach and attendance at Insider's in-person and virtual events.
The Insider Events team is responsible for developing and producing editorial and client-driven events as well as supporting and executing our participation at industry and trade events. This role will require strong collaboration skills as you will partner with teams across the organization, from Corporate Marketing to Sales to Content Production, to manage event marketing needs and identify opportunities for growth. To be successful in this role you will need to establish clear processes, set prioritization, have an understanding of email marketing and consumer marketing tactics, and be able to write and communicate effectively.
We are looking for a driven, proactive, highly organized, positive and energetic team player. We value creativity, accountability, and diversity of ideas and opinions.
This role will be primarily responsible for:
- Defining and driving Insider's event marketing strategy across all consumer-facing channels including but not limited to emails, websites, ads, social media, newsletters, etc. as well as implementing external marketing tactics such as strategic partnerships to reach a new audience and drive attendance.
- Working with the editorial programming and content production teams to create marketing copy that conveys the vision of each event to drive audience engagement pre and post event.
- Collaborating with the creative and corporate marketing teams to develop, build, and execute email marketing campaigns that grow event attendance and awareness.
- Gaining a comprehensive understanding of Insider's various databases and lists and leveraging this knowledge to enhance marketing plans ensuring overuse of our lists is minimized.
- Tracking and maintaining marketing analytics and event metrics to analyze trends and develop ongoing strategies to optimize performance and increase registrations and attendee conversions.
- Collaborating with the Research team to build attendee surveys to identify future improvement opportunities.
- Managing the event email inbox and acting as the main point of contact with our attendees, responding to inquiries and passing along issues as needed.
- Conceptualizing ideas to create community among attendees both pre- and post-event to add value to Insider event attendees.
Other skills that would make a candidate successful in this role:
- Highly organized with an incredible attention to detail; can prioritize and multitask.
- Ability to work in a dynamic, constantly changing and fast paced environment.
- Curious, likes to learn new things, delves into complex problems and recommends solutions.
- Highly proficient with tools including Google Workspace, Salesforce, Hubspot, Basecamp, event registration and webinar platforms (a plus!).
- Team player who is excited about working in an inclusive environment and getting better every day.
If this sounds like your dream job, apply here with a single PDF containing your resume/CV and cover letter explaining why you are the perfect fit for this role.
Are you passionate about this opportunity, but worried that you don't have 100% of the experience we're looking for? We still want to hear from you! Apply online and let us know why you'd make a great addition to the Insider community.
Insider Inc. will remain remote due to Covid-19 until July 2021. When the work from home period is over, this position will be based out of our New York City HQ. Insider Inc. offers competitive compensation packages complete with benefits.
Insider Inc. is a global media company focused on explaining the incredible, exploring possibility, and inspiring change in the world around us. Our publications - including Business Insider, INSIDER and Markets Insider - reach an audience of more than 300 million users, deliver more than 2 billion video views, and drive millions of shares, likes, and social engagements every month. Our innovative events and content services teams deliver world-class storytelling to our audience in new ways. None of this would be possible without an incredible, passionate team. They come to work every day excited to change the face of digital publishing.
Our core value-the behavior we value most on our team-is effectiveness: We make things happen. We do this through our commitment to each other and the greater Insider community. That means coming together with the "SHAFFFF" approach: smart, helpful, accurate, fast, fair, fearless, fun. We listen to each other, learn from each other, and take risks together in our relentless efforts to get better every day. Because we understand that a diverse set of perspectives working together in a fair, compassionate, and inclusive environment is critical to the happiness and success of our community. Check out our mission, values and culture page () to learn more.