- LocationNew York,New York
- Published4 hours ago, 2021-02-27T03:01:08Z 2021-03-02Full Time
Real Estate Associate - Asset Management
Our client, a successful, rapidly growing, well-capitalized, commercial real estate owner/developer seeks a bright, hands-on, high-potential financial professional to join their entrepreneurial, fast-paced team. The company invests in opportunistic/value-add, urban-infill real estate spanning multiple property types in the New York City Metro area. The executive team has significant acquisitions/investment experience with prominent, well-regarded real estate private equity firms along with a consistent, impressive track record of success providing significant returns to investors. As the firm is entering its next stage of significant growth both in the NYC market as well as expansion to selected high-growth markets around the US, they are looking to add hardworking, quality talent with potential who can quickly develop and progress within the company. The culture is entrepreneurial, results-oriented, and fast paced. This is an excellent opportunity for someone to continue to learn commercial real estate both from an investment and operating perspective while also getting involved in a diversity of duties/special projects.
The Asset Management team is an integral part of deal and portfolio management, the team is involved in all aspects of analyzing and communicating investment performance to senior leadership. This role will have a deep understanding of the transaction structure of each investment and monitoring progress against the busines plan. This person will have a diverse set of responsibilities to include maintaining valuation and cash flow projection models and asset reports, analyze and implement various aspects of investment business plans, evaluate property management and leasing team's performance for the life of the investment. Given the diversity of the position, the successful candidate will have strong analytical skills and be able to work collaboratively across various functional areas and levels in the company. The candidate should have strong verbal and written communication skills to effectively convey information within the company as well as to investors and external service providers/contractors. They seek someone who can take initiative while maintaining a strong sense of responsibility and has an eagerness to learn and develop their skillset. This is an outstanding opportunity that offers unique exposure to gain a diversity of experience within a dynamic, opportunistic real estate company.
- Bachelor's degree required in Finance, Economics or related major.
- 3-5 years of relevant real estate experience.
- Experience in a commercial real estate company, either in a quantitative-oriented asset management position, budgeting/planning or similar analytical position.
- Must have strong Excel, financial modelling skills.
- Proactive, hands-on, detail-oriented with a commitment to a high-quality work product.
- Entrepreneurial mindset, self-starter who can function independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities in an acquisition-oriented, growing real estate company.
- Genuine passion/interest in the Real Estate industry.
Compensation: Excellent compensation package, including competitive base salary, bonus, and strong benefits