- LocationNew York,New York
- Published4 hours ago, 2021-02-27T03:01:28Z 2021-03-02Full Time
Senior Data Engineer
This is with a Series A startup client of ours in NYC. They are seeking someone who has worked for a startup in their career, strong with Python & SQL with familiarity in Spark and Airflow. This will be the first Data Engineer hire for the company however they plan to grow the team around this person so having any capacity of people management in critical. They are a mission driven startup making a significant impact nationally to those who essentially rely on their platform to manage their finances to avoid overdraft fees, going into debt, and how to best save & manage their income.
We're hiring a Senior Data Engineer to join our team responsible for building our data platforms. You'll work closely with our Data Scientists, Engineers, and Product Managers as a thought partner, technical leader and resource. This is a unique opportunity to help build the data strategy and architecture at a data driven startup that's changing the world of fintech.
What You'll Do
- Work directly with the team of data analysts and other business teams to understand our analytics goals and pain points.
- Lay the groundwork for our ETL infrastructure, setting up tools like Airflow and Spark to enable the rest of the team to contribute data pipelines, for us to be able to monitor data reliability and quality and grow our data footprint sustainably.
- Monitor and manage our ETL pipelines, train other engineers and data analysts to contribute to our data infrastructure.
- Work closely with the Co-founder and CTO to build a first class data organization.
Who You Are
- You have 5+ years of experience as a data engineer coding in Python and using SQL.
- Experience in a fast-paced consumer finance or fintech environment is strongly preferred.
- You have familiarity with Google Cloud and data warehousing technologies like Snowflake.
- An expert in data engineering using tools like Spark, Pandas, Airflow, Luigi, etc.
- You love empowering and enabling others to be able to answer questions efficiently.
- You can communicate with a cross functional team and articulate ideas to both technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- A self starter who searches out problems and can work with Eng/Business management to prioritize.
- You've had exposure to modeling pipelines and analysis workflows.