- LocationNew York,New York
- Published14 hours ago, 2020-09-29T07:01:15Z 2020-10-02Full Time
Director of Research Operations
We're looking for a candidate to fill this position in an exciting company.
- Resource management: ensure portfolios have resources to stay on track and on budget.
- Monitor work plans: monitor portfolio and/or individual project work plans; continually assess progress toward achieving project goals and production of deliverables; ensure adherence to research timelines, and ensure compliance with funder requirements.
- Training: support division staff in developing and exercising project management skills.
- Supervision: supervise Research Administrative Managers and provide guidance to the Research Administrative Team.
- Staff allocation: manage and monitor allocation of staff time across research projects.
- Fiscal oversight: guide budget development for new projects; audit and monitor budgets in collaboration with project teams; oversee budget revisions.
- Communication: serve as interdivisional liaison to facilitate work of the Research division.
- Manage organizational tools: identify software applications to harmonize and standardize project management, coordination, and tracking.
- 10+ years of experience managing research administration teams in academia, government, or the nonprofit sector; or 5+ years experience and a Master's degree (administration, policy, public health, social work)
- Experience managing federal grant proposals, regulatory reporting, contracts, and MOUs for domestic and international projects;
- Experience with IRB/human subjects protection management or oversight;
- Proficient in design, implementation and oversight of budgeting policies and procedures;
- Demonstrated effective planning and organizational skills
- Demonstrated ability to successfully engage with diverse internal and external populations;
- Commitment to advancing diversity, equity and inclusion initiatives;
- Experience with project management and implementing new processes;
- Experience with managing large, complex teams and multiple projects;
- Proficiency in Word and Excel, Asana, and/or other project management software;
- Communication skills including oral, written, interpersonal, and coaching skills are clear, concise and effective at influencing and informing target audiences
- Experience in the sexual and reproductive health field a plus;
- Experience with organizational change management a plus;
- Commitment to the Institute's mission and values