- LocationNew York,New York
- Published13 hours ago, 2020-09-29T07:00:49Z 2020-10-02Full Time
Fund Accounting - Associate Manager - SS&C GlobeOp
SS&C is a global provider of investment and financial services and software for the financial services and healthcare industries. Named to Fortune 1000 list as top U.S. company based on revenue, SS&C is headquartered in Windsor, Connecticut and has 20,000+ employees in over 90 offices in 35 countries. Some 18,000 financial services and healthcare organizations, from the world's largest institutions to local firms, manage and account for their investments using SS&C's products and services.
The Senior Associate will be responsible for transaction processing, the proper application of accounting principles to complex transactions, and financial reporting, for our Hedge Fund clients.
• Reconciling the funds cash to outside sources
• Reconciling the funds positions/securities to outside sources
• Researching internal differences between the accounting and trade entry systems
• Pricing the fund portfolios
• Analyzing fund performance on a daily and monthly basis
• Issuing P&L reports on a daily basis
• Accurate calculation of fund NAV's
• Posting accounting entries to ledger
• Performing month-end close processes/financial statement preparation
• Working with various products including equities, bonds, swaps, options, FX, mortgages, financing and futures
• Working with auditors to prepare and present year-end financial accounts
• Reviewing work prepared by others
• Training fund accounting staff
Skills and Knowledge Desired:
• Bachelor's degree in Accounting or related field
• 3 + years' experience as a hedge fund accountant, product controller or auditor of hedge funds
• Prior experience with various financial products; for example equities, fixed income, repurchase agreements, futures, FX, mortgages and options
• Strong MS Excel knowledge
• Working knowledge of corporate actions
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Good analytical skills
Unless explicitly requested or approached by SS&C Technologies, Inc. or any of its affiliated companies, the company will not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters, recruitment agencies, or fee-based recruitment services.
SS&C offers excellent benefits including health, dental, 401k plan, tuition and professional development reimbursement plan.
SS&C Technologies is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any applicant for employment or employee on the basis of race, color, religious creed, gender, age, marital status, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other classification protected by applicable discrimination laws.
- Pay Type Salary
- Required Education Bachelor's Degree